Verstappen calls out the media and provides details of the online abuse he and his family have endured

Thursday’s press conference ahead of Formula 1’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix turned heated as Max Verstappen defended his decision to ignore team orders in Brazil, criticizing media reports and widespread online abuse.

The two-time world champion refused Red Bull’s orders to cede his position to teammate Sergio Pérez, who is fighting for second place in the drivers’ standings. Verstappen hinted that the reason was an incident earlier this year, but he has not given any further details.

The 25-year-old said in Abu Dhabi that the team in Brazil had “a small communication error” and revealed that “nothing had been said to me on Saturday and Sunday about a possible swap or whatever. It wasn’t until the last lap that it was said on the radio and I think they should have known my answer from what I said the week before.”



source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *